I haven't had anything to say in three months time, though much has happened. Ash moved to another city and another job and so it is rather lonely here - she brings so much energy and light into the house. Work is busy, as it always is at the start of a new semester. I am, however, enjoying the thought that I might not have to do it again. All things change and time goes by - fast, as it turns out. How can it be that my career is ending? Mind you, I am looking forward to it - but - where did the years go? Wasn't it just yesterday Chris and I were bicycling to my first teaching job - he in grade school and me an eager young teacher? The teaching years were hard and seemed long at the time, but passed by quickly as my children grew up and on into the future. Then a different career - better? Yes, easier too. Now that is almost over. With my mother gone, I have moved to the front of the line. I won't get over missing her. Time and life. Lessons? Don't waste it. Hold fast to the best that is in your path. Do not cast your pearls before swine.

88888888 0000000 9999999 - image in public domain
It dropped so low in my regard
I heard it hit the ground,
And go to pieces on the stones
At bottom of my mind;
Yet blamed the fate that fractured, less
Than I reviled myself
For entertaining plated wares
Upon my silver shelf.
-Emily Dickinson
No comments:
Post a Comment